Growing Together

I am a Mommy To Three Little Ones. Through Them I Grow Daily. I Strive To Be The Best Wife & Mommy For Our Family Of 5 & A Pug.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekend Replay {And A Little More}

So here we go.  Time for a Weekend Replay.  Its been a minute {And I am late!}  So I will add in a couple things too.  Like my Birthday! Yea, it wasn't on the weekend.  But it happened & I am 26 now.   Have I mentioned that I have met some of the nicest most thoughtful women online?  Well.  I have.  Cecelia was so wonderful as to give me a gift card to fabric.com.  Now to just figure out what I want to buy & when I can designate time to sew MYSELF something.  I refuse to let the gc to the business.  It was after all a Birthday Present. Yay!

I made myself angel food cake with strawberries & whipped cream of course.  This is by far my favorite cake.  So good. 
I bought myself this super cute pair of "fancy" flip flops for my Birthday.  They are just so pretty.  And of course I bought them at my favorite place to shop... Target.   Mr. L & the kids got me Super Mario Galaxy {I am pretty sure the kids got this for themselves!} hehe.  Mr. L got me the perfume I have been wanting.. for years.  
Rock Princess by Vera Wang.  
We went out to dinner at Chilis to celebrate my 26th & Mr. L & I's 8th Year of Marriage.  All in all a pretty Happy Birthday for Me & Anniversary  too.

Easter Weekend:

 Since we were on the road all day Easter Sunday we decided to take the kids over see the Easter Bunny on Saturday.  They were pretty excited about it.  Happy to have Balloons & I think even happier to see the Chic-fil-a Cow.

 Being out of town for two weeks meant lots of things to get done.  Shopping.  Library. & lots of Packing.  But we got it done.  And after the library on Saturday night we went on the trail.  Fed the turtles/fish & the boys went running. 
 The snakes are out now on the trail... so creepy & gross.  But a sign of SUMMER for sure. I {LOVE} Summer.

 After they ran 2 miles... tired out but still all smiles.  
I love my boys!
 So I thought it was sorta interesting that the flower for Eight Years of Marriage is the Clematis.
 Grandma bought this & planted it for me last year... It had maybe two flowers on it all year.  It wasn't looking that great this year & then out of nowhere one day I noticed that it was just covered in buds. 

  I counted the buds one day there was 19.  Kinda neat too because our Anniversary is on the 19th.  I watched it everyday waiting to see one open!  Finally the day before our anniversary it had two open up.  What excitement.  Seriously.  I didn't want to miss my plant in bloom while I was up in Jersey for two weeks.  And then Saturday the day before we left just about all the flowers on the bush were in bloom. 
How amazing does it look?
Sunday was all driving & we made it to Jersey.  
And this began two weeks of the North East.  This is sure to make any girl miss the south.  
Yep.  I already do.  Sweet Tea & Happy Faces.  How I miss thee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...