Growing Together

I am a Mommy To Three Little Ones. Through Them I Grow Daily. I Strive To Be The Best Wife & Mommy For Our Family Of 5 & A Pug.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

I was Homeschooled. But I won't Homeschool my kids.

Yea, I said it.  Homeschooled.  But it was only for the last 3 years of high school.  I was not bullied.  I had friends.  I had a job. And most importantly, I didn't drop out.  I was always mature for my age, or so my family would tell me.  I started babysitting at the young age of 10.  {I can't even imagine my 10 year old babysitting.}  I moved on to a job at a nursery, the kind with plants, not the babies.  And I still would babysit kids in town.  I made money.  I had my high school done & over a year before I was set to graduate.  I got married on my 18th Birthday.  I joined Quixtar on my 18th Birthday. 

I was brainwashed by the Christian/Quixtar/Republican clan from the ripe age of 13 and up that it was the thing to do.  Education is not necessary.   But don't even get me started on that.

I always wanted to be a mom.  I was excited to find out that I would be a mom after only being married for a few months.  I grew up so much after having kids.   My mind set was completely different.  I wanted to keep them home with me all day & protect them from all the awful shit in this world.  But I can't.  I won't.  Life is happening all around us.  Make the best of it, by the way. 

As the dawn of kindergarten came, I put my children in public school.  {Ugh. You know I hate that word. Its just school! - Don't say it like that.}  They love it.  They fit in.  I did once consider keeping them home in a bubble.  Like I said, I wanted to protect them from the world.  But I didn't.  I am not.  I won't.  They are learning. Learning so much, they are the smartest kids in their classes.  In the enrichment programs that *gasp* public schools have & offer.

I have zero confidence I would have them in the same position educationally and certainly not socially, had they stayed home in the bubble.  I want the best for my kids.  I want them to learn & experience everything they can & want.  My 10 year old is so excited to one day go to college. NC State to be exact.  And play baseball.  I never had that dream.   But I have that dream for him.  {No, I am not living vicariously through him!}

I'll let you know how they turn out. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...