Growing Together

I am a Mommy To Three Little Ones. Through Them I Grow Daily. I Strive To Be The Best Wife & Mommy For Our Family Of 5 & A Pug.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving My Friends -- I just love this time of year.   We had no guests coming into town for Thanksgiving dinner and I was thinking how it would be a bit -- quiet here at home just us.  But then a couple days ago I remembered that on Thanksgiving Night we set up our tree.  Since then I've been excited, had something to look forward to.  I am so thankful for things to look forward to.

I once said I stopped having goals because I didn't want to rush life away and that I just wanted to live in the moment.  Guess what I still do LOVE to live in the moment but I have so many things to look forward to everyday.  May not be "goals" but "to do lists" and I look forward to them.  Checking things off and getting things done.

Back to Thanksgiving.  I was smart enough to bake some whole wheat pumpkin muffins last night so that this morning we didn't have to prep anything more than we of course already had to.  So the kiddies all ate up as did we and then we got dressed and headed out to -- THE STORE.  Yes.  We dared going out.  I thought it might be crazy -- but I was wrong it was pretty bare.  A quick trip in & out.  Grabbed our few forgotten things and got home to a warm & turkey smelling house!  Yum. 

Mr. L made his favorite "little cock doggies", I prefer to call them "little hot dogs."  Either way yum.  I snacked on shrimp cocktail while Miss Emma and I prepped the cheese plate that was completely scarfed down while the kiddies watched the Macy's Day Parade.



We had an early lunch and after all that turkey & wine I was ready for a nap.  Forced myself to get everything cleaned up and bake pumpkin pie & make a cheesecake instead.  Worth it.  They were so yummy.  Even Jack ate them... had to be good.


Then for the part I was waiting for.  We went out the shed (this is not the part I was waiting for)  Ugh.  We had to carry 6 big rubbermaid boxes down from the loft. Now for the part I was waiting for -- we set up the tree.  I don't actually mind that part. (Maybe next year we will go for a real one -- Maybe!)  The lights were strung up, the red ribbon on, the gold beads & LOTS of RED ornaments!  Of course all of our little ornaments that hold "value" in our minds/hearts too!  But this year I wanted it to be very ... RED.  And I am pretty sure it was SUCCESS!  I love it.  It looks great. 

I am thankful for a husband that allows me to set up the tree right after Thanksgiving.  -- And didn't mind that I was listening to Christmas music all week.  

We picked names out of a hat to see who would get to put the star on the top of the tree.  Jack got it.  Look at the joy in his eyes and face.  He was so excited to get to plug in the star to make it light up!  I am thankful for the little things that please my kiddies and give them such pure JOY!


 Fenway wasn't much into the "Christmas Spirit" -- Humbug!  Perhaps too tired out from the turkey dinner we gave him?  He is such a part of the family.  We love our Pug!

 Cody is Thankful for his family.  Jack is Thankful for EVERYTHING! (Shouted!)  Emma is Thankful for Sweet Potatoes!  Mommy is Thankful for GRAVY!  (And lots of other things!!)  Daddy is Thankful for Mommy because she helped make his family.  Aww.  (I am thankful for a husband that says things like this.) 


Happy Thanksgiving.  -- Time for leftovers.

5 comments:

Heather Jones said...

I loved reading this. Sounds like you have an awesome family! We set our tree up the first weekend of November and it has always been my husband's thing.
Happy Holidays!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

Frugal and Fun Mom said...

At Home Moma following from the blog Hop.

www.athomemoma.com

Carol E Wyer said...

Enjoyed your blog very much. what a busy person you are...i'm very admiring of you, especially as I can't sew!
I'm a new follower from the surf and relax sunday hop.
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

Kari said...

Cute family...cutie doggie.
I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Check me out at www.loveluciblog.blogspot.com

Alycia said...

aww fenway is so cute! i love that name too! :) thanks for your facbeook comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...