Growing Together

I am a Mommy To Three Little Ones. Through Them I Grow Daily. I Strive To Be The Best Wife & Mommy For Our Family Of 5 & A Pug.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Potato Hummus

Per Requests - 

1lb sweet potatoes (2 Large) cut 1 inch 
1 (15ounce) can chickpeas 
1/4cup lemon juice {FRESH!}
1/4cup Tahini 
2tbls Olive Oil
2tsps Cumin
1 Clove of Garlic  {ILOVEGARLIC}
Paprika - Just for garnish.


Steam Sweet Potatoes {I used my rice cookers steam basket.} About 15 Mins. Until tender.


Sweet Potatoes, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin & garlic all into a food processor for about 1 minute.  Thin with up to 2 tbls water if necessary. {I used about 1tbls.}
Cool in Refrigerator as it does taste better this way.  Keep in airtight container for up to one week.  Don't forget to garnish with a little paprika!  Pretty simple right?  Use with pita chips, tortillas or even better yet FRESH VEGGIES for the healthy of us! 

Happy Cooking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH man I really gotta try this recipe. I love sweet potatoes and I bet this recipe rocks. I am a new follower from surfin saturdays. I host giveaways and sweeps on my blog If ever you would like to post a giveaway or have me list it please let me know. You can follow me back or see my blog at http://linkiescontestlinkies.blogspot.com

Take care have a great day
Kevin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...