Growing Together

I am a Mommy To Three Little Ones. Through Them I Grow Daily. I Strive To Be The Best Wife & Mommy For Our Family Of 5 & A Pug.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Key Lime Pie

This version of Key Lime Pie is from the Men's Health Total Fitness Guide 2008 Muscle Chow. I didn't come up with this brilliant concoction myself & just because it is in the "Men's Health" doesn't mean women can't eat it too.
Okay here we go...
You Will Need: 
  • 4 sheets of low fat honey graham crackers crumbled
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 can fat free condensed milk
  • 1/3 cup key lime juice
  • 2 cups fat free whipped topping
To make it is so simple y'all.

Preheat the oven to 350*F.  In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, oats, apple sauce, and cinnamon.  Mix well.

Pour the rest into a 9" x 1 1/2" nonstick pie pan. Use the back of a spoon to press it evenly into and along the sides of the pan to form a crust.

Bake for 15 minutes.


In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, condensed milk, and juice.  Whisk until smooth.

Reduce the oven temp to 250*F.  Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the filling is firm to the touch.

Let cool completely on a wire rack.  Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or until fully chilled.  Top with whipped topping.

8 Servings.  Per Serving:  272 Calories, 7g  Protein, 53g Carbohydrates, 3g Total Fat, 1g Sat. Fat, 2g Fiber, 113mg sodium.

Let me say I was a bit skeptical of the applesauce and NO BUTTER myself.  But let me tell you this is an awesomely delish recipe.  It is a must try and probably a new staple in my dessert world.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...