Growing Together

I am a Mommy To Three Little Ones. Through Them I Grow Daily. I Strive To Be The Best Wife & Mommy For Our Family Of 5 & A Pug.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog Challenge Tuesday



This Weeks Challenge is going to be to post you favorite Dinner. Post the recipe, a picture if you have one and why it's your favorite.

Well if it was a recipe for desert I would be set... Today I made pineapple upside down cake. It looks awesomely yum.   Can't wait to eat it later tonight...
Princess Emma just is the prettiest kitchen helper I've ever seen. Here she is being super cute helping mix cake batter... in her swimsuit & apron... just trying to keep cool.

I am loving the looks of LawTeeDah's fave recipe... that's my kind of meal... maybe even throw in some shrimp & scallops instead of the chicken... YUM!

Seeing as its summer almost summer we have been having lots of easy, healthy & "cold" foods.  I am just loving this recipe I created on my own (if you know me, I just throw stuff together... and hope for the best! This usually works great!) chicken sandwich.

Here is the recipe (wish I had a photo.):

Makes Four Sandwiches:

2 Chicken Breasts
Soy Sauce
Crushed Cayenne Pepper
Garlic Salt
4 Leafs of Lettuce
1 Avocado peeled and sliced
4 Slices of Swiss Cheese
4 Arnold's Brand Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins
Honey Mustard (optional ... but super yummy!)

Throw chicken breasts into glad ware with a coating of soy sauce a few dashes of cayenne pepper and garlic salt on top.  Cover, shake and set in fridge for the next hour or so.  When ready to cook... start grill and let get up to temp of about 400 degrees.  Put two breasts on the grill and cook about 6 minutes on each side.  While chicken is on the grill prepare the multi-grain sandwich thins with honey mustard, lettuce, avocado slices & swiss cheese.  Once juices run clear from chicken breast remove from grill.  Cut in half width wise and add it to your sandwich thins.  The swiss will start to melt & you will have a delicious summer dinner without all the hard work over the hot stove.

By the way this recipe was approved by Mr. L who hates avocado... he loved it & it was so great the next day cold. :-)  Enjoy.  Hope you get a chance to try it out.  Just writing this up is making my mouth water.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That looks so good!!! My boys love to help in the kitchen too!

Bev said...

:) I used fresh pineapple. Was in the midst of making the post and published it a little early... now I have the recipe up for my chicken sandwich.

Lauren said...

Those chicken sandwiches sound really good! May have to try them once we get moved!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...